søndag den 20. januar 2013

1.8 - Old and new flames

The snow fell thick the next day. Nicole stared at it in disbelief. She couldn't believe it was winter already. The days had blended together since she had started busking, so she didn't notice how close it was to her birthday. She sighed and went to the mailbox where she found something amazing.
Rob had sent her a love letter. A little reminder of how much he loved her. She smiled, and felt a little lump gathering in her stomach. She was meeting with her old crush today, behind his back. But it was for him, she reasoned. But the lump didn't go away. 
Daniel didn't show at noon. So Nicole decided to kill some time. Brandi had taught her some basic bass-notes, which Nicole had quickly picked up on. She had bought a bass to make sure that she didn't forget. 
Daniel finally showed up. Late. She wasn't sure whether to be mad or nervous, but now he was here and she had something to fill him in on.
They went indoors, and before she could manage to speak a word, he started talking.
Daniel: "Before you say anything, I would like to explain myself! Please, just listen for a moment. I know you think I should have told you about Mary-Sue and her being pregnant with Wilfred the moment we met. But I found out about the pregnancy the night we met, after i got home. I know you should at least have known that Mary-Sue exsisted, as well as Lillith and Angela. But I didn't know how, because I liked you. You were the first breath of fresh air i've had for months. And... I still like you!"
Daniel: "I was about to ask you out for coffee, to really start dating you. I was about to tell you about my family and how I was ready to go all in on you. And then you vanished from the face of my part of the island... Your message on Simdating, really gave me hope - and then you were gone again. I knew someone must've told you, and that I'd blown my chance. That's also why i fled when I met you that day at the park with Wilfred in the stroller... I didn't know what to say"
Daniel: "And then I realised you were seeing Rob. The little smirky nobody from work - and I just got mad! You know he was due to a promotion the day you made it official that you were going steady? I just had to do something. He couldn't get it all! I'm not proud of it, and I know it was wrong. But..."
Nicole: "You had no right to do that! You HAVE no right to be doing this! Confessing that you are doing all this. Rob is the only DECENT guy on this whole freaking ISLAND! You are only a FALLING star... I don't even know what to say to you except, that you need to get over yourself....."
Daniel: "...... He's cheating on you! You knew that? With Mary-Sue! Try asking your little perfectly DECENT loverboy about that!"
Nicole: "Go home Daniel!! Grow up and go home! And stop spreading lies!"
Daniel left shortly after that and Nicole found herself calling Rob.
Nicole: "Rob? It's Nicole. I have to ask you something - Will you promise to answer it?"
Rob: "Hey sweetie? Something wrong? Of course I will."
Nicole: "Have you been lying to me?"
Rob: "Nicole? Where is this coming from?"
Nicole: "Just... just answer" 
Nicole could feel the tears coming up.
Rob: "... Yes... But..."
Nicole: "No buts..."
She cut off the conversation and found tears streaming down her face... 
What had she callen Rob; The only decent guy on this Island...? That was apparently a lie too.. What had she left to believe. She dragged herself up from the floor and went to the only place she felt like could mend her broken heart right now.






What the hell had she done...
_________________
Dra-dra-dra-draaaama :D
By the way - Daniel and Mary-Sue makes perfect little children. Look at Wilfred: He's adorable!

2 kommentarer:

  1. :O NICOLE!!!
    What has she done? The exact opposite of what she should have done, that's what! Oh what a naughty girl. Bad Nicole!

    I'm guessing we've got an illegitamate child on the cards? ;)

    SvarSlet
  2. oh, Nicole, you silly silly girl, she's going to regret this...

    SvarSlet