lørdag den 5. januar 2013

1.7 - Trust your gut.

Nicole found herself on another bubble of happiness. The last one had been punctured, so she was determined to make this one last.
The next day she went to Brandi's costume party. This was the first time she had actually visited her best friend on Legacy Island, so she was excited to see how she lived. 
The place was a shack out in the outskirts. She knew Brandi didn't have much, but she hadn't expected to see something that was nearly falling apart. But however she felt about Brandis house, she put that aside and dressed up as a hotdog, and went to talk to Brandi the Bunny.
Brandi spoke about her and Skip's relationship and Nicole let slip that she'd asked Rob to go steady. There was a brief hesitation in Brandis movement before she threw out her arms and congratulated Nicole on the good news. Nicole decided that whatever Brandi was thinking about, she didn't want to know - at least not yet. If Brandi thought it wasn't important to tell her right away, how bad could it be? She trusted Brandi to watch her back. 
Later she met Rob in the mall. Here she got to think about, that she didn't even know everything about him yet. 
So she started pumping him for informations. She wanted to know everything there was to know. And he gladly told her everything. She hadn't thought of telling him about her most delicate secrets yet - but she figured that if they were going to be a thing - He would know eventually.
But she did figure out something about him, that she didn't know how to handle. 
They were talking about his work.
Rob: "So, my boss has been going on my nerves lately... He makes me do more laps than the others and even though I work twice as hard as my co-worker, he ended up with the promotion. I swear he's holding some kind of grudge against me, except I do not know for what!"
Nicole: "That's terrible! But... laps?"
Rob: "Yeah, I'm employed in professional sports - except I do not know how professional my boss is going to let me be!"
The clock rang for Nicole, the same moment he mentioned professional sports. Daniel. They'd talked about it the evening they met, except she hadn't expected him to be so high in the hierachy.
Nicole: "But... What kind of grudge can he possibly have against you?"
Rob: "I don't know - but even though his last name implies it, he's not so Pleasant at all.. Maybe you know Daniel Pleasant?"
She did - but she wasn't about to let that snake out of the bag just yet. 
He was scheduled to go to work a while later - so he kissed her goodbye, and went. And she went into the bookstore.
She didn't know why she called Daniel - but she felt like she had to. She had to figure out if Daniel in fact was holding a grudge, or he just didn't like Rob (which she didn't believe)
"I need to talk to you... Do you have time?" Nicole didn't know how to ask, but she figured she would find out along the way. 
Daniels voice was full of suprise and recognition; "Not today - I'm at work."
"Tomorrow? It's important" Nicole asked.
"Yes. I have something to discuss with you aswell" He replied. "Your house, noon?"
She confirmed and cut him off, still not sure why she was meeting him.  

6 kommentarer:

  1. Uh-oh!! What can Daniel have to talk about? Whatever it is it can't be good!

    SvarSlet
  2. Ooh, if Daniel has been causing problems at work for Rob out of jealousy then I hope he gets what's coming for him. Although I have a bad feeling he's about to spring something worse on Nicole

    SvarSlet
  3. I agree with Ali on this. Daniel is bad news.

    SvarSlet
  4. I just finished reading your blog for the first time and it's great seeing all the only Sims 2 sims! I'm Miss Puff from MTS, btw. I love Nicole, she's so sweet. I hope she and Rob work out, she deserves to have some luck after running into Daniel and Don.

    SvarSlet
  5. Yikes! Daniel coming over can't be good!

    I like Rob (so far), so I hope things go well for him and Nicole. She deserves a nice guy! :)

    SvarSlet
  6. Ugh. Daniel makes me rage. What a jerk. I hope Nicole doesn't fall for his crap.

    SvarSlet